Enrollment (Wait List)
(TCKS) is a public school of choice within the Poudre School District (PSD). As a school of choice, enrollment procedures differ from those for neighborhood schools. TCKS only accepts students for enrollment from a waiting list. The process for having a student added to the waiting list is determined by the District JFBA Choice/Open Enrollment Policy.
Application to the Waiting List
In order to ensure that those who are on our waiting list are well informed and able to make a decision when offered a position, we strongly encourage each family to attend a Parent Orientation meeting. In addition, families should carefully review our school covenant and charter. Once families have established that they believe our values, our vision, mission, philosophy, and program are right for them, they may place their children on our waiting list. The School Choice Application is on the PSD webpage.
All Day Kindergarten Information
All Day Kindergarten is an option at Traut. Half Day Kindergarten will continue to be an option as well. for more information:
Online Application Process for the Waiting List
1. To be properly informed, it is very important for parents to attend an orientation session. Orientation sessions are held on the second Monday of each month unless otherwise indicated. Please check the TCKS school calendar or contact Belinda at 970-488-7507 for more information about orientation sessions.
2. If you have never signed up for a waiting list for a PSD school, complete the online School Choice application through the Poudre School District web site under “School Registration.” This may be accessed from a home computer or any computer with Internet access. A public use computer is available at the PSD Support Services Center, 2407 LaPorte Ave., or any of the District’s schools.
3. If you have already filled out an application online and would like to remain on the waiting list for the following year, you will need to access the online School Choice application by following these steps.
· Go to the school choice application page.
· After reading through the information needed to apply, scroll to the bottom of the page and enter in the following information:
- Student last name:
- Confirmation Number:
· After entering this information, click the button labeled “Update Existing Application"
· You will then be taken to another screen where you can edit your application selections. From here, follow the directions on the screen.
· If you have lost or misplaced your Confirmation Number please contact the Traut Core Knowledge School office at 970-488-7500.
Please note: To ensure accurate processing, please make certain that the household address and phone number are up to date with your child’s current school of enrollment.
Middle School Information
If your student is going into 6th Grade, please click on the Kinard Core Knowledge Middle School Website for information regarding registration.